7.16.2011

Wahoo the first post!! Pretty places, kale, and Maggie

Let me being by saying that this blog had a previous life.  It used to talk about cool first year college experiences, but it never went past the second post.  So, I decided to recycle it and give it a new life! But, to make sure it doesn't forget (that's right, this blog is a boy) who it used to be I kept the same title.  So if you were thinking that the title doesn't really fit, it's probably because it really doesn't.

So let us (actually) begin! This past weekend, I spent a few days in Sullivan County.  While I was there, I visited one of the most beautiful and magical places I've been to, the Mongaup Falls Reservoir.  





It was such a gorgeous day, so leaving aside the fear of being bitten by something (am I the only one that hates getting your feet pinched by random little, and sometimes not so little, critters?) we went in the water.  I must admit that we didn't actually go swimming but after some splashing wars we were more than wet enough.  Anyways, this place is absolutely majestic and if you're ever up by Sullivan County you should totally stop by! 

Speaking of majestic things I have an obsession with kale.  This means that you'll be hearing a lot about the wonders of kale!  There are so many infinite varieties of kale and they're all delicious!  And even though it gets a bad rep, kale is a super food!  It is extremely high in fiber and a great source of vitamin A, calcium, and beta-carotene (a powerful antioxidant!). 



 And if that's not enough to convince you to try this wonderful vegetable, from baked kale chips to raw kale salads the amount of kale recipes are endless! (I'll share some recipes with yall soon :) So, check out  what I had for lunch! Yum!

kale, baked tofu, mung beans, walnuts, blue cheese, strawberries, and blueberries
This is probably a good time to talk about Maggie.  Maggie is awesome.  She is with me all the time and she does amazing things.  She is my camera and is responsible for all of the pictures that are not cited in this blog.  Lastly, check out the links below for more info about what was discussed in this post!

Hugs! M

No comments:

Post a Comment